Sunday, August 3, 2014

Any Given Sunday...

Football is back...or the crappy preseason version of it. But it was nice to see a real NFL football game and not the weak Canadian version, or that circus Arena League crap. It was also nice to see all of the Hall of Fame inductees. Just about a month a way from the real deal so I am pretty hyped. Other than that I am knee deep in Season two of Hemlock Grove and trying to wind down from what has been a pretty good day.
Had the whole house full of kids today and made a huge dinner of pulled pork, corn on the cob, potatoes, fresh vegetables, and corncakes. A corncake covered with pulled pork and drizzled with some good green salsa was pretty damn amazing if I must say. Spent about an hour on the exercise bike working it off but it was worth it.
My middle child starts freshman orientation for college tomorrow. I both proud and excited for her and know she will do good things. The youngest will enroll on Tuesday and should be starting soon. Things will get back into a routine and somewhat back to normal soon. Maybe when school starts we can all go to bed at a decent time, And then again maybe not.
Tomorrow I am finishing off my four day weekend by hanging out with my son while everyone else is running around doing other things. One last chance to get in some rest and exercise before I start another (short) work week. All things considered I have had a great weekend and am blessed to have a loving family and a roof over our heads. Hope everyone else had a great weekend and that carries on for the week ahead. Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment